College Counseling Services
- Guide seniors through all stages of college application process;
- Meet with seniors at frequent intervals regarding scholarships and financial aid;
- Advise students in 9 th to 11 th grade about college options and resources;
- Provide resources for SAT/ACT test preparation and registration;
- Serve as point of contact for on-campus college visits to Damien.
- Advise students, faculty and administration on use of Naviance college and career readiness program.
- Process college application support forms (e.g., transcripts, recommendations).
- Ensure CORE courses are registered with NCAA Clearinghouse;
- Provide guidance to student athletes regarding NCAA eligibility;
- Facilitate financial aid (FAFSA) seminars/workshops for students and parents;
- Coordinate October in-school testing for 9 th -12th grades, including PSAT, College Board-Advanced Placement (AP) tests, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery;
- Maintain external relationships to bring services/opportunities to students (e.g., scholarships; SAT/ACT test preparation courses; internships; guest speakers; etc.).
- Update School Profile submitted to colleges where students apply for admission;
- Serve as AP coordinator in collaboration with College Board;
- Administer AP program and provide guidance to students and faculty;
- Administer yearly College Board end-of- course AP exams.
- Naviance (Family Connection): https://connection.naviance.com/damienmhs
- SAT Testing: www.collegeboard.org
- SAT Online Test Prep: https://www.kahnacademy.org
- ACT Testing: www.actstudent.org
- NCAA Athlete Registration: www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/eligibility- center
- NCAA Student Athlete Guide: www.ncaapublicationscom/productdownloads/CBSA17.pdf
- Scholarships: www.fastweb.com and www.cappex.com
For more information on College Advising, please contact: